Based on discussions in the forums, the following are planned features for libRocket.
- Investigate switching the XML parser to RapidXML for speed
- Make the STL configurable (this is important for Custom Memory Allocators later too)
- Add support to render a document to texture
- Send all allocs and frees through the SystemInterface, allowing developers to manage memory better
- Make contexts thread safe, so each context can run in its own thread without affecting the other
- Address the global element transparency issues. Some elements don't currently support transparency, due to HTML spec, but I think its worth coming up with a way to allow this.
- Expose more of the font system, maybe making it a plugin, so that you're not required to use TrueType fonts.
- Allow text strings to be rendered at different angles, not just horizontal